|Posted by Lisa on January 18, 2010 at 10:40 AM|
ANEW REINVENTS WRINKLE REPAIR
Introducing ANEW Reversalist from AVON
New York, NY, October 1, 2009 /PRNewswire/ —
The Avon ANEW line has pioneered an anti-aging first in wrinkle repair. After five years of research, development, and testing, Avon Products, Inc. introduces a landmark discovery and a breakthrough new formula that reactivates the skin's repair process to help women reverse the look of wrinkles: ANEW Reversalist.
A team of Avon scientists studied how the skin heals itself in order to develop an anti-aging breakthrough. When you get a cut, it triggers the production of a key repair molecule, Activin. Since wrinkles are actually a result of micro-injuries to the skin, Avon scientists spent several years of ground breaking research in the study of Activin and its role in wrinkle repair. Avon scientists discovered how to activate this key repair molecule with a breakthrough new technology Activinol. ANEW's Activinol technology in ANEW Reversalist is designed to boost Activin, to reactivate skin's repair process and help recreate fresh new skin and dramatically reverse the look of wrinkles.
Avon scientists presented this groundbreaking ANEW discovery in the biology of skin aging at two prominent international scientific conferences for both researchers and dermatologists in early 2009. Linking the stimulation of Activin to boosting skin's vital repair functions has revolutionized the approach to treating the visible signs of aging.
"The more we understand the mechanisms behind the signs of aging, the more effectively we can treat them," explains Dr. Glen Anderson, Director, Skincare Product Development, Avon Global Research & Development.
Dr. Uma Santhanam, Senior Manager, Cell Biology and In Vitro Toxicology at Avon Global Research & Development added, "The breakthrough research behind ANEW Reversalist truly represents a revolution in the way we approach wrinkles, and is sure to drastically change the landscape of anti-aging treatments."
Avon's patent-pending Activinol Technology is shown to increase the production of Activin to help boost skin's ability to repair itself and recreate fresh, new skin. Avon is the first to use this patent-pending complex of two biologically derived phytochemicals. Amorphophallus stimulates Activin production to help trigger skin's repair process, while Sesbania boosts skin's support structure to help deliver less wrinkled skin.
Available in an ultra concentrated serum and a night cream, the ANEW Reversalist formulas reactivate the skin's repair process, help reverse wrinkles and recreate fresh, new skin.
ANEW Reversalist Night Cream has a velvety, creamy texture for a smooth, soft, powdery finish.
* In 3 days, 73% of women said their skin looked and felt reborn
* In 2 weeks, fine wrinkles improved up to 25%**
* In 4 weeks, the appearance of fine wrinkles and discolorations was dramatically reduced, leaving skin feeling dramatically tighter*
ANEW Reversalist Renewal Serum has 5X more Activinol Technology than the night cream, and is designed to boost the night cream to recreate fresh, new skin 20% faster. It has a lightweight silky feel with a satiny finish.
* Overnight, 75% of women felt like they had new skin*
* In 2 weeks, the formula dramatically reduced the look of wrinkles*, improved discolorations by up to 100%** and left skin looking and feeling dramatically tighter*
* Over time, 88% of women agreed skin looked dramatically younger***
HOW TO USE: The new ANEW Reversalist products are meant to be used as part of an everyday regimen to reach maximum benefits for the skin.
* SERUM: Every morning and evening, gently smooth over cleansed face and neck, in an upward and outward motion. Some individuals may experience a brief tingling sensation following application. Follow with ANEW moisturizer with SPF in the morning.
* CREAM: After Serum application, use once daily every evening, gently smooth over cleansed face and neck, in an upward and outward motion avoiding eyelids. Some individuals may experience a brief tingling sensation following application.
AVAILABILITY: ANEW Reversalist Renewal Serum ($44) and ANEW Reversalist Night Cream ($32) will be available beginning October 2009.
WHERE TO BUY: Available exclusively through Avon Representatives. To locate an Avon Representative, call 1-800-FOR-AVON, or visit www.avon.com.
*Based on a consumer perception study
**Based on a dermatologist-supervised clinical study
***Among those who expressed an opinion in a consumer perception study.