20 Tips for a Successful Avon Business
To My Wonderful AVON Team Money Makers!!
20 Tips for a Successful Avon Business
(Print & keep for future reading)
Not all of us come from a business background, but that is the great thing about Avon. All you have to do is become knowledgeable about the basics and continue to educate yourself to be the best Avon representative you can be. Remember, what you put into your Avon business is what you will get out of it. So here is a guideline of steps to help you be as successful as you can be and teach your team to do the same. Believe it and you can achieve it, set a plan of action!!
1) Basic-Always submit an order. Being a part of our team there is no such thing as a ?no order?. You all should be ordering at least your brochures or you have no business to work from.
2) Basic-Always pay your bill before your next order is due. If this is a problem, collect the money first. Do not use Avon $ to pay for personal bills until Avon bill has been paid. With Avon, your credit is a privilege and not paying is stealing. You may use a debit or credit card by going to www.youravon.com or 513-551-2866513-551-2866.
3) Basic-If you fall behind in any fashion, call your upline, manager or myself and let us know so they can help you get back on track! We care! Let?s take care of things before they get worse.
4) Try as hard as possible to get a separate checking account. No professional business runs on cash only, and this really helps when you need to pay Avon ASAP. Unfortunately, we cannot take your money, and pay your account for you. All cards, checks need to be in your name.
5) Don?t have internet connection? Go to the library, internet café or family member to do your orders and get the latest information. The information available via internet is invaluable.
6) To follow that, on www.youravon.com there are online trainings that teach you all about the basics of running your Avon business! If you complete these training sessions you can print out your own completion certificate! This is essential, do it today! Training Tab then Pathways. Be sure to attend the FREE WEBINARS and Register for them at the Pathways tab.
7) There is also the new Personal Beauty Profiles, which is a software program in which you can customize your customer?s skin care, just by asking them questions! It?s very impressive, and a must so check it out!
8) Respond to emails so we know you got it. Give your upline your feedback. Express your opinion and share your ideas! You are all very bright and creative, so please share!
9) Communication is vital. Whether it is you trying to reach your upline or your upline trying to make contact with you, please return calls as soon as possible, this suggestion goes for calling your customers too!
10) Stick to your commitments. If you have to change your schedule, give enough notice for your upline, downline, or customer. This is common courtesy.
11) Leave fear at the door! Walk out there confident in yourself and your business! You can do it!
12) Don?t wait for your upline to ask you to do a party, tailgate, beauty bash, etc. Take initiative and take the lead! There is a leader inside all of you!
13) Attend meetings and any event that your manager or upline throws. This is important as we try to discuss what is new, what?s changing and give you all training. It?s all for you! Our Online Virtual Webinars are only once a month. Other meetings etc are offered on monthly basis- locally and virtually.
14) Discouraged? Don?t give up! Quitters don?t win. Do your part to motivate yourself and read motivational materials, view your trainings at www.youravon.com ,visit our team site at www.teammoneymakers.com, www.youtube.com/lisamonoson attend our conference calls/webinars and get inspired! Exercise, do the power of 3, take a walk, organize your work- space. Do something! Doing nothing will keep things the same.
15) Time management. This one is huge. Got kids? Involved in clubs? Coach your child?s team? Work a full-time job? Did you know that the most successful Avon reps do all the above and/or more? Always be ready to share the opportunity at all times, and the more you are involved, the more people you meet! Let Avon become a natural extension of yourself. Give your testimony, be confident, and be excited! It?s the easiest way!
16) Use your tools! View online training videos & beauty boosts. Also if you have the rich and famous or any other training DVDs don?t let them sit there and gather dust. Share with your team. Share with a prospective representative. If you have the Rich and Famous DVD you have, put your name on it, share it and follow up with the next 2 days! Watch it speak volumes for you.
17) Know what being a part of our team means. You come from a line of Top sellers and motivators when it comes to Avon Sales and Leadership!
18) Work your business as if you spent $50,000 to start you business and not less than $20 on your appointment kit! If you take this seriously, you will work hard, and stay focused. If you spent 50K you wouldn?t let any of the little things get to you, because you have invested time and lots of $. Stay focused on the bigger picture!! Nobody who is rich said it was easy.
19) Take control and responsibility for your success. Success, money, fame, all of that is not going to fall into your lap. I can?t force you to do anything, I can only advise you. Take control of your time. Don?t let life/circumstance tell you what you do with your time. You take control of your time. All of us have the same amount of time in the day. It is what you decide to do with it.
20) Stay focused, work hard, take it day by day, and watch the time fly and then you will see your dreams come true and you will say it was all worth it!!
Lisa Monoson-Ind. Avon Sales Rep. & National Leader
Buy Avon: www.Yourbeautylady.com